Thursday, September 20, 2018

7A: Testing the Hypothesis






1) After many hours of working on the subject, I finally think I have found the opportunity that could lead me to an idea to develop, and this opportunity is related to the food industry. I went to ask 5 people a very simple question which was: "Do you think there is a dysfunctional system related to food prices and meal preparation times? ». If first most of them found this question very unusual, after discussions and reflections, they all replied that yes, either cooking takes too long or delivery cost is too expensive. 
Among the five people I interviewed was Hannah, a 67-year-old retired woman who lives in Miami. She doesn't cook, but she told me that for her who gets meals delivered to her apartment every day, the cost for meals and transportations is way too high. In summary, out of five interviews: 4 people find that they spend too much time in the kitchen and the last one finds that the delivery system is too expensive for her.


2) In short, the opportunity I have identified is related to the fact that there is inefficiency in time, quality and price in the food sector. 

The who: Basically every human being

The what: Either the food is too expensive or it takes too long to cook

Why: There is not yet an effective system in place to reduce time and price in the food sector (being delivered requires paying an extra charge for delivery costs).



3) My hypothesis is related to this idea is that the general population is willing to invest in a system that either limits the delivery price or reduces the time spent in the kitchen cooking. By testing the "Who, What and Why? “ I have come to the conclusion that this opportunity has a lot of potential but some realistic changes need to be made in order to make this idea more attractive and the dream a reality. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Max! I totally agree that cooking can take too much time and delivery expenses can be very high. During my freshman year, I liked to use Uber Eats and BiteSquad a lot but ended up paying a high price in fees. I think that it would be great if your idea could incorporate easy recipes that do not take too much time so that people who work and busy college students can still eat healthy rather than resorting to fast food due to time crunches. I look forward to seeing your progression with this business opportunity since I feel like I would genuinely use something that helps me with these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Max,
    I agree with you that cooking does take a lot of time and delivery is expensive. I rarely get food delivered because I don’t want to pay the delivery fee. Cooking takes a lot time, so I do eat out more to save time. Time is limited, and you creating something that will help people save time, is awesome. I can’t wait to read what your solution is!

    ReplyDelete