Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Assignment 3: My Story





For me, entrepreneurship is a family affair. I am originally from Brussels in Belgium. I am the son of parents who have worked in high technology and shared data all their lives. In fact, they were the first to put telephone directories online.

At the time, it was revolutionary because most phone books were made of paper. It was a rather risky challenge but which did not require more than a few thousand euros, computer talents and good networks to be launched.

I was thus born in this environment of Internet innovation and creativity, which since then, hasn't stop renewing and improving itself. The reason I took this course is that among the required courses to finish my major, this one seemed to me to be one of the most interesting classes.

I believe that entrepreneurship is one of the only courses that makes us think further, out of the box, and find alternative solutions. At the end of this course, I hope to reach a sufficient level of understanding of the risks and benefits of this field, so that one day, I too can become an entrepreneur.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Max! I think that its so cool that your appreciation for entrepreneurship stems from your family and are originally from Brussels. I have always wanted to travel there and study abroad somewhere one day. I also thought that this course seemed the most interesting and am happy with the decision so far. Good luck throughout the course and I look forward to keeping up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about families working together to create a business. Your parents seems to be very passionate about what they do, and that is very inspiring. It is easy to tell when an entrepreneur is seeking the money and not passionate about what they do. I believe that a key to being a great entrepreneur is being interested and involved with the industry you are in. My extended family owns several women's designer clothing lines, and they are constantly working together to enhance their businesses. Overall, I think all of us will learn a lot from this class as it pertains to being a great entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Max,
    That is so cool that your parents were the ones who put telephone directories online! I’m Lithuanian, but I’ve never been to Belgium! My parents are the ones who influence me to become an entrepreneur as well. What do you want to do after you graduate? I also took this course because it looked like something different and more creative!

    ReplyDelete