Friday, October 5, 2018

12 A



1) Pick a segment. I decided to pick the “middle class” american segment. Because these are the one facing the “time/ Price” trade-off the most.

2) Find three people who would fit that segment and arrange to interview them.

 I interviewed three of my fraternity brothers who considered themselves as medium income american.

3) Begin with need awareness. 

First, I asked them If they had the need covered by my product. They all responded positively to my question so went ahead and interviewed all of them to see “what are the ideal conditions for my product”.

Interview 1: Dani

When do you have that need?

Basically, whenever I go back home or to my dorm and look in my fridge. I never know what to cook based on what I already have which makes me pay extra money for food all the time.

Where do you have that need?

In general, at home or in my dorm.

In what context would you use my product?

I would use your application every night if it ever ends up on the market.



Interview 2: Rafael

When do you have that need?

I still live with my mom now so she knows what to cook, but last year when I was living in the dorms, I never knew what to cook and that was really annoying. Cooking books are too old fashion, your idea is what we need!

Where do you have that need?

At home when my parents are not with me.

In what context would you use my product?

Whenever I am alone and do not know what to cook.



Interview 3: Sacha

When do you have that need?

Everyday! I live alone and it is hard for me to eat something different every day especially since I am allergic to lactose. There are a lot of ingredients that I cannot use and it is hard to cook something different based on the same ingredients



Where do you have that need?

At home or even at my girlfriend’s place.

In what context would you use my product?

Whenever I need to eat. Easy solution to my problems.









4) Move to information search. 

I asked them “when u guys start being aware of your “cooking need”, what is the very first thing u guys do to find a solution to this specific problem? What sources of information do you guys look for?

Without surprises they all said that the internet is their main source of information. Two of them did not even bother try to find a solution to this problem but for Sacha, the situation was different. He regularly go on google to find new ideas of what to cook.

5) Report the findings of your research. 

These people who fall into my segment would be interest by my product. Many of them already knew a solution had to be created but they never really gave more attention to that problem. The best prove of this phenomenon is the fact that two of them never made researches on the internet to find new dishes to cook.

6) Draw conclusions. 

This segment will be responsive to my problem if my idea ever ends up going on the market .


2 comments:

  1. Hey Max,
    Great job at defining your target audience. You picked three people who fit in your demographics well. Regarding information search, whenever I do not know what to cook, the first thing I do is see what I have and then search online to see what I can make. I’ll go to the store if I don’t have something that I need. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on your product and its functions, I agree that the American middle-class would be a good segment to market to. You asked the people who you interviewed relevant questions that led to good information that you can use to further your idea. Many people try to find recipes online but they often get overwhelmed by all of the options and give up on cooking, but your product could help with this. Great post!

    ReplyDelete