Thursday, October 18, 2018

16 A




1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.


I speak four languages (French, Hebrew, Dutch and English) which is very important  for business relations.

I have great skills of adaptation. I didn’t speak English and didn’t know anyone in the United Sates two years ago. Now I am fluent in English, I am involved in many organizations on campus and have completely developed a social life here.

I never give up. Difficulty is not an excuse to me. I keep studying and working until I achieve my goal

I am a great speaker. I have been working and interning for politicians, It helps.

I am able to differentiate long term goals from short terms goals which keeps me focus on what I need to focus.


2) Interview the five people who know you the best.

Emma: My sister: I love my family, I am funny and I work hard. I always know how to make her feel better.

Lilliane: My mother: I am a diligent worker with goals and I know how to adapt myself to different situation in order to achieve my goal. I understand the importance of family and know that my future success is related to theirs too.

Elliott:  My brother: I am smart and opportunist. I never miss a shot when the time comes.

Alain: My father: I am very smart, outgoing and easy to socialize with. I have very precise goals and I am always focussing on them. I know how to adapt in any environment.

Sacha: My best friend: I Know exactly what to do in order to achieve my goals and I stay constant, never fail and keep working until I get it done. I understand different people's mindsets and know how to act accordingly.

PS: As an international student:  my close friends an family all live in Belgium and they do not speak English. For security reasons they did not wish to have their faces on the videos so they sent me voice notes. Those voice notes do not load on "Blogger" but it shouldn't matter that much as they interviewed were conducted in French. Here is the short translated version of those.

3) Reflect on the differences.


I believe that I was pretty realistic in my own self-reflection. Many of the qualities I found myself having were reflected in my family and friends interviews.

 The only quality that hasn't been pointed out is that I speak multiple languages which is probably due to the fact that the people that I interviewed also speak those languages.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you can speak multiple languages matches with the other qualities on your list and shows that you know the value of hard work. These characteristics will help you in your business adventure (i.e. having the ability to adapt to the world around you and create realistic goals are both good qualities to possess). The attributes that you listed match with what your friends and family had to say. Great post!

    ReplyDelete